Thursday, November 4, 2010

Prayer

Last week at church, Pastor gave a message on the importance of prayer. He said, "Our prayers have more POWER to change the course of history than the decisions made by kings." 

Do you believe that?  If not... read the Bible.  It's true.  Our own adoption story proves that the power of prayer changes things.  Changes history.

This week, as I was listening to Alistair Begg, he told a story about Charles Spurgeon and "The Boiler Room", where hundreds of people gathered to pray in the boiler room beneath the room where Spurgeon gave his sermons.  Spurgeon knew the importance of prayer.

As I have been seeking direction for the next step for Suubi, the Lord has reminded me again and again about the importance of prayer.  The power of prayer.

So... we need a prayer team. "The Suubi Saints".  In Scripture, Paul addresses believers over and over as saints.  "According to the Word, when anyone becomes saved, then he or she also becomes a saint, reflecting his or her sanctification by God."

"To the church of God ..., to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord..." I Corinthians 1:2

We need a prayer team.  Saints, the faithful in Christ Jesus, that will join us in battle for this project.  We need people that will fill the "golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints." Rev 5:8

If you are interested in becoming a vital part of The Suubi Project, please leave a comment with your email address and I will be blessed, honored, and overly excited to add you to our prayer team! *Email addresses will not be posted.*

"And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will."  Romans 8:27

Will you join us?!

2 comments:

  1. I would love to join you on your prayer team. I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely i have seen God work in my life and family through prayer so count me among the Suubi saints. I praise God for the loving heart He has given you and thanks for taking action.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete