Monday, August 2, 2010

God Provides

The Lord recently brought some new friends into our lives through a friendship our daughter, Katherine, made through dance.

I recently got a phone call from my new friend, Sandy.  She started off by saying that she believed the Lord was up to something... but wasn't clear as to what He was doing yet.  She said she was a little nervous to tell me about it because I might think she was crazy.  (she didn't know that I love crazy)

 A little background... While our daughters were on a mission trip to Costa Rica, Sandy and I talked frequently, and during the process we became fast friends.  You know... the kind of thing that happens when you get to know someone who loves the Lord and is passionate about serving Him and you just connect... you just love them!

After getting back from the trip, she and her daughter stayed up late looking at pictures and talking about all that God had done.  Somehow, they ended up on Kat's FB page looking at photos of our last trip to Uganda.  Sandy loved the pics of the girls dancing at the National Celebration and commented that her lovely girl should do that very same thing.  Lovely daughter agreed.

That same night Sandy had a dream.  In her dream, her entire family was in Uganda ministering with our family. She woke up thinking that even if they wanted to go (and she definitely wanted to!) they wouldn't be able to afford it.  She decided to tell her husband... knowing that he would shut the door on that idea really quick... unless God was up to something.

Well... her husband didn't shut the door on the idea.  He actually commented that he hoped to go MORE than once!  Okay... now what?

The following Sunday, guess who was preaching at their church?  Pastor Jackson Senyonga from Uganda.  Sandy didn't find out until after church, when her daughter told her, that he was the pastor of the church that our family had traveled to Uganda to visit.  He was the one who had arranged for our girls to dance at the Celebration.  Okay... seriously, what's up?

THEN...  lovely daughter, Anna, tells her mom that someone had asked if it were true that she was going to Uganda to serve.  Without thinking, Anna says, "Of course I am!"  Oh. My. Goodness. What?!

By this time, Sandy was REALLY wondering what God was up to!

I cannot tell you the excitment I felt when she was telling me all of this!  I believed God was up to something too, but still hadn't figured out what!

As we continued talking, we got on the discussion of our adoption and she told me that she would continue to pray for our children to come home.  I asked her to also pray for our project in Uganda because we really needed God's direction.  She asked me, "what project?"  I was certain Kat had told Anna and that by now Sandy would have heard about it.  Not so.

I told her how the project got started.  I told her that while I was visiting Uganda, in May, I had found 20 acres and we had recently bought and fenced it.  I told her our next step was to find someone we could work with to drill a water well; and that we also needed someone to design the buildings we want to build.  That's the prayer request... we need God's direction and provision for these next steps.

She started laughing.

I waited.  Wondering.

She said, "You know what my husband does for a living, don't you?"

I said, "No. What?"

She said, "He designs and builds houses!"

I said, "NO WAY!"

By this time we were both laughing!

God is SO good!!!

Wow... just wow.  Isn't God amazing?!!

He provides.  He definitely provides.

... and I just can't stop smiling...

2 comments:

  1. Hey!!! Anna just found this blog!!! I am so blessed to read it all again!! I can't wait to see what the Lord will do with us...He wasn't kidding, and I will go to the ends of the earth with you, if He will let us!! I love you, dear destiny friend of mine! So glad to be connected to your glorious family!

    ReplyDelete